We are now launching Xer X8 – the first heavy duty hybrid Unmanned Aircraft Solution (UAS) available. Launch it in minutes and fly 2.5 hours with 3 kg payload, with the possibility of BVLOS (Beyond Visual Line of Sight) operations. The X8 carries up to 7 kg payloads and handles adverse weather and winds easily.
You can equip the X8 to suit the most demanding missions. It has superior flight-time and payload capability compared to conventional UAV:s at a fraction of the operating costs and carbon footprints of helicopters or manned aircraft. The X8 can be flown in EASA “Open” and “Specific” category.
2.5 hr flight time
The X8 offers unbeatable flight time compared to conventional battery-powered drones. The strong hybrid engine provides all the power needed for demanding missions – 2.5 hrs with 3 kg payload, and even longer depending on conditions and payload. Why limit your operations to the short flight times of battery-powered drones?
Wind & weather resilient
The Heavy Duty construction of the X8 means that your team can go out and execute missions, whatever the weather throws at you. The X8 will perform reliably in up to 35 knots of wind, adverse weather conditions and sub-zero temperatures.
A customisable platform
Designed to carry a wide range of different sensors and multiple heavy payloads with specialised functions, the X8 can adapt to your mission at hand.
Compared to battery-powered drones, the X8’s 2.5 hr flight time with 3.5 kg payload will completely change how you operate today. Xer drones offer significant cost savings for many common use cases since they can replace helicopters and other crewed vehicles.
Compared to using helicopters, Xer Drones can drastically reduce CO2 emissions. The hybrid engine is fuel-effective and powerful. It provides ample electrical power onboard to run energy-demanding payloads such as advanced sensors, flood- or spotlights, winches etc.
With the X8 you can take on complicated missions in adverse weather, night or limited visibility, or in dangerous, remote locations where a conventional drone or helicopter is not an option.
Xer UAV:s are platforms ready for customisation according to your needs. We can fit almost any sensor, including high definition cameras, multispectral sensors, LiDAR, IR sensor, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), sonars etc. Contact us to discuss and find solution to your needs.
Xer UAS are designed to be customisable to meet the applications your use case needs. Fly further? Use satellite navigation? Extra flight range? High altitude flights? Let us help. We love a challenge – just like our drones!
- 4-arm multicopter with coaxial contra-rotating propellers
- – flight mode:203 cm / 6.66 ft
- – transport mode:60 cm / 2.03 ft
- Height:62 cm / 2.03 ft
- Frame: Full carbon-fibre exoskeleton
- Transport mode: Foldable quick-release arms
- Low electromagnetic and vibrational profile for high quality sensor integration and noise reduction
- Weather resistance: capable of flying in harsh wind (up to 35 knots/18 m/s) and adverse weather conditions
- Temperature range: -20 to +35 °C
- Flight time: 2.5 hours at 3 kg payload
- Max speed: 72 km/h (39 knots/20 m/s)
– Custom-built hybrid electric 2-stroke
– Remote engine start from control station
- Communication system:
– Radiolink (C2 and payload data):
433MHz / 2.4GHz (Europe) with 20km range
– ArduPilot flight control system
– Dual RTK GNSS
– Xer active health status monitoring system
– Quick deployment: 2 minutes
- Redundant co-axial electric motors
- Integrated collision avoidance system
- Fully autonomous parachute deployment
- Battery for emergency landing
- 100 hours maintenance interval (done by customer)
- 200 hours engine maintenance
Xer offers integrated payload mounting brackets and ready-made power and communication connectors for integration of almost any sensor system.
Examples of sensor payload customisations:
- – Mapping (LiDAR + high-res camera)
- – Search & Rescue (EO/IR, rangefinder, IMSI catcher, ViDAR)
- – External load with winch
- – ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) systems
- – Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
- – Multi-, hyper-spectral
- – Radioactivity and gas detectors
- – Sonar sensor
- – Bathymetry LiDAR
- – Emergency floatation device
- – ADS-B In/Out transponder
- – LTE (4G/5G)
- – Sat Com
- – High precision positioning system
- – Extra fuel tanks for long range and/or long flight time missions